Mini Ninja Mini Ninja

A fair first attempt

If this is indeed your first attempt at a flash game, it's not a bad start, but there are some fairly large problems with it. First off, it is quite obvious that some of the scenes in this game are copied from Nevermore; I noticed this as soon as I entered the fourth screen.

Another problem is simply the coding. You can't go back at the fourth screen, walking downhill is not smooth, and you can randomly jump through certain objects. You don't even need to speak with the ninja to open the door; it opens after leaving the cave and coming right back, and if you go right back outside after that, the game glitches and you can't do anything.

Also, a game of this type should be much longer and have a more interesting plot.

One thing I thought you did pretty well was the main character. I really like the idle animation, and the jump is nice too. The run cycle works but it could use some more inbetweens.

Keep practicing and you can make something great!

Retro electronic game Retro electronic game

A nice game...

but just a quick question. Is there only a certain amount of dots? After my score reached 747, the dots stopped appearing. It didn't let me submit my score so I would assume that it's not supposed to just stop like that. Either way, it's a fun game. :3

Luring in my new friends Luring in my new friends

From the delightfully wavy hair, to the apparent indifference to being under water, I very much enjoy this picture. I absolutely love the expression and the madness it conveys.

I get a very dark tone from this image, one that contrasts powerfully against the bright imagery. Was such a tone your intent? It seems it may have been, judging from the title.

KilledBuzz responds:

By tone, I presume you mean something evil is about to take place in this image? ahaha

It wasn't my intention but with the title, I can see how that comes across as such. It was supposed to be more light-hearted than anything :U

Glitter Veins Glitter Veins

The head in this piece is mostly fantastic; it looks very natural. The hair is pretty believable too, but I feel that the hand in this picture is excessively awkward. It appears deformed, and the fingers are bent in strange ways. Also, the wrist is thicker than the base of the arm.

However, the face is so solid that I didn't even notice the hand's problems at first. A nice piece all things considered.

Kaninchen10 responds:

The wrist especially, I am dissatisfied with. The smaller width continuing down the arm isn't noticable at first though I only realized this after I was done that it was disproportional. In the referrence photo, her fingers do bend as such, so either it could be that I had the degree of the joints off slightly or your point of view was off when examining them. Even with said mistakes, I still like this one. I don't have many watercolour paintings, and even though this isn't either I like it as a reference.

Thank you for commenting, thoughts are much appreciated. ^^

Skullgirls Skullgirls

This piece shows potential, but it really doesn't capture the charm of the original character or the excellent style of Alex Ahad. The proportions seem off, as the arms appear longer than the legs. The hat is fairly solid though.

On an unrelated note, I thought the game looks pretty good. I was exited to learn that Cerebella is voiced by Cristina Vee.