All 17 art Reviews

Luring in my new friends Luring in my new friends

From the delightfully wavy hair, to the apparent indifference to being under water, I very much enjoy this picture. I absolutely love the expression and the madness it conveys.

I get a very dark tone from this image, one that contrasts powerfully against the bright imagery. Was such a tone your intent? It seems it may have been, judging from the title.

KilledBuzz responds:

By tone, I presume you mean something evil is about to take place in this image? ahaha

It wasn't my intention but with the title, I can see how that comes across as such. It was supposed to be more light-hearted than anything :U

Glitter Veins Glitter Veins

The head in this piece is mostly fantastic; it looks very natural. The hair is pretty believable too, but I feel that the hand in this picture is excessively awkward. It appears deformed, and the fingers are bent in strange ways. Also, the wrist is thicker than the base of the arm.

However, the face is so solid that I didn't even notice the hand's problems at first. A nice piece all things considered.

Kaninchen10 responds:

The wrist especially, I am dissatisfied with. The smaller width continuing down the arm isn't noticable at first though I only realized this after I was done that it was disproportional. In the referrence photo, her fingers do bend as such, so either it could be that I had the degree of the joints off slightly or your point of view was off when examining them. Even with said mistakes, I still like this one. I don't have many watercolour paintings, and even though this isn't either I like it as a reference.

Thank you for commenting, thoughts are much appreciated. ^^

Skullgirls Skullgirls

This piece shows potential, but it really doesn't capture the charm of the original character or the excellent style of Alex Ahad. The proportions seem off, as the arms appear longer than the legs. The hat is fairly solid though.

On an unrelated note, I thought the game looks pretty good. I was exited to learn that Cerebella is voiced by Cristina Vee.

Happy Halloween Happy Halloween

What a waste of candy.

This is very well done, from the lovely outfit design to the sullen background laden with splatters.
Your colors are bold, and are blended very nicely. Everything is so shiny; it's quite the juxtaposition to the background. Anatomy seems pretty solid. The eyes are a little on the large side, making the forehead a bit small.

All in all, the whole piece just feels very solid.

xxanemia responds:

Thank you! oh no, i guess her forehead is a bit small... oops D:

Sw33t Sw33t

I absolutely love the composition of this piece, and of course the colors. Have any more pieces to share?

red head fairy red head fairy

Your art is too much fun. Very stylistically pleasing, and cheerful bright colors.

Thaumaturge Thaumaturge

Very stylistically pleasing.

The outfit is well designed, and the effects are interesting with nice contrasting colors.
It's simply a charming piece.

A shock of love A shock of love

I see what you did there

I've always adored the Love Shockers outfits, and they look really good in this style.

Also, the pink outline is very nice and lends itself well to the graffiti vibe.

Shutter Shutter

She seems jovial enough.

This piece has an interesting style that draws me in. I like the way you blended the skin; it looks very natural. The eyes seem like they may be a little over-sized, but that's really a stylistic choice, one that I actually enjoy.

For such a simple design, this character has a lot of "character".

I would like to see more of your work.

Clown Ghost Clown Ghost

It's tough to be a ghost clown

I really like your line art in this piece; it's pretty solid. But what's even better is your coloring. It still has the wild colors of your other works, but it's not nearly as busy. I also like the outfit you've put together. Nice job.

TheZen responds:

Im glad you enjoy it!
^_^

The suggestions and ect. from the forums have been helpful, so im glad to see
others are noticing my eventual progress.
^_^////